August 17, 2007

Trumpet Tree


It's Friday and once again I am looking forward to the weekend. As it is supposed to "cool down" (only in the low 80s) on Saturday it will be a good day to work in the yard. The soil in my yard seems to need a humongous amount of help so I will be adding mushroom compost - great stuff with out the manure smell. I added some to the pot of this beautiful trumpet tree a friend gave me and look at the number of blooms I got. Watching the humming birds fly into the flowers is a trip, they hover under the flower, scoot up and disappear into the flower then back out. All without actually making the flower move.

Yard work is one of the joys of home ownership..and a good work out. I figure spending 30 min weed eating is at least the equivalent of 200 push ups! I really don't mind weed eating- once I get the darn thing going. It usually takes me 10 pulls and 2 really good curse words.

No comments: