August 1, 2007

Saints, sinners or animal instinct



As long as I can remember four legged fur babies have figured into my life so I am well acquainted with the habits of hunting cats. I have been left many "presents" and have tried to show my..ah...gratatued....for each one. Well, the 2 cute little Manx girls, Moragan and Fiona, I adopted last November from WHS have really outdone any I have ever known. This spring Indy took them out and showed them the basics that was the end of my peaceful life. I am no longer sure if I should call my girls Princesses or Assasins. As the photo shows they have become quite proficent hunters...Of all the critters they have brought me the most unsual were the frogs (or maybe the same frog caught twice).


Last Saturday my worst fear was realized - as I sat down on the sofa and turned on the tv I saw a little 6" snake scooting across the floor - without the providing kitten in attendance. I managed to keep my wits and grabbed my trusty flower pot and extra long paint brush. This method has worked well on the myriad of other critters I have attempted to remove but this time the snake was having none of it and I was forced to actually touch it.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the tally board for the cats' hunting expeditions. Looks like you need a bigger blackboard!

Martha

sarah said...

Great tally board, but I have to tell you... I'm not coming to visit until at least the living room is critter free!

Nickie said...

COOL!!! What kind of snake was it? I love snakes! I wish more would find thier way into my yard. I reallyw ant to see a copperhead---I've never seen one of those before.

Gypsy said...

It was just a little house snake..grey with a yellow band. Hopefully I will never see anything more harmful then a black snake.:)

Nature Girl said...

I don't know how, but one of the cats caught a hummingbird one time - poor thing!