August 10, 2007

Dog days of Summer

This has been a crazy week! It must be true that the dog days of summer really do make people crazy. Or maybe it is just me. Here in the High Country we have either tied or broken several heat records this week. Our local forecaster has said for each day "Rather hot & hazy". That is an understatement, I would call it sweltering and sweaty.

On a cooler note, I went to the Spruce Pine Gem and Mineral show last weekend with a couple of the girls. It was hot and humid but we had a blast. As everyone knows I turn red after 10 minuets in any kind of heat so you can imagine what I looked like after several hours...Several vendors offered me a seat by their fan and asked if I was drinking enough water. Anywho, we all left laden down with treasures and smiles on our faces.

No comments: