May 5, 2008

On a Sunday afternoon...


This has been one of the best weekends I have had in a long time..first the Herb Fest then a beautiful Sunday. I can tell when it is really feels like spring to me...the yard art comes out. I get the gnomes and shrooms out, hang the wind chimes and geraniums, and put out my very home made bird bath. Indy and Fiona took up residence under the bird bath, just waiting. I can hear their little kitty mantra..They do not see us, be one with the bird bath, they will not see us, be one with the bird bath...

I do not put out all the gnomes that I have - my neighbors would think I might be a bit off. I save most of them for when lovely sister #2 comes to visit. It drives her nuts to see the gnomes in the yard.

I also hung my hummingbird feeder and had my first visitor within minutes! One of the pretty green ones, also had a black and white later. They are so much fun to watch. I would have had several others (or the same one several times) but I was putting poly on my new address sign on a table under the feeder. Once I quit and moved away I heard several but did not get over there fast enough to see them.

Next week I will be planting all the veggies I got in Asheville along with the seedlings I grew. Yeah!!

No comments: