May 3, 2008

Asheville Herb Festival

If anyone wants to know how to make me smile just take me to a nursery and let me drool over the plants. Yesterday, I went with Moms, MS & PS to the Asheville Herb Festival. Oh.My.Gawd. I was in heaven. There were vendors from all over the state there with everything you can think of - including gensing! I took one large basket thinking that when it was full I would be done. Nope that did not happen. I filled up the basket and two bags! I came home with a couple of herbs that I have been looking for forever - wormwood and southerwood, I also have 3 kinds of basil, a really nice rosemary (in a kool biodegradable pot that is actually hard), lime thyme, and OK, so I did get some tomatoes and hot peppers for the garden and some fresh veggies for me.

As an added bonus I got to meet another Blogger - Faerie Made. Her Soaps and lotions are incredible!! If you are anywhere near Asheville you should try to stop by! The Asheville Herb Festival is May 2-4,2008

2 comments:

Jan said...

Now I need to find out if I should add wormwood and southerwood to my herb garden.

Gypsy said...

Jan,
i like both for their folliage and usefulness.
Southerwood-Artemisia abrotanum-
Strongly aromatic, gray-green shrub. woody rhizome with erect, irregular branches.grow near the hen house to deter lice,near cabbage to deter cabbage butterfly.

Wormwood,Artemisia absinthium - Also has a grey green folliage- can use the dried in closets to help rid of moths. was once used in Absinthe.