February 15, 2008

Winter morning


I took this yesterday on my way to work. As the sun was just starting to touch the tops of the winter white trees.

With all the warm weather we have been having I am just itching to get the seeds out and start the garden. In a couple of weeks I will actually start some of the longer growing seeds, but for now I just have to contend myself with getting out the calendar, seed packs and a lovely green marker.

Mom and I are going to share a garden at her house as well as the one I will have at home. I am already thinking that in hers we will plant the pumpkins, some squash, hot peppers, onions, kohlrabi, lettuces, and tomatoes. Before that can happen I have to spend some time digging up the raspberry suckers and transplanting them to my yard. I have always thought that I wanted lots of berries in my yard. However, with the reading I have been doing on their care - prune some the first year, others the second, and, oh yes, got to build a trellis. Like that is going to happen. I am going to just go with the lazy farmer way - plant them and see what happens.

3 comments:

Jan said...

I do love this part of gardening when it is all in my mind. No insects. No weeds.

bloglily said...

What a beautiful photograph! And how lovely to think of you driving along in that landscape, thinking of all the things you'll grow soon enough.

bloglily said...

What a beautiful photograph! And how lovely to think of you driving along in that landscape, thinking of all the things you'll grow soon enough.