February 11, 2008

Newused Car

My poor old car, Bessie, was really getting worn out - the door did not close correctly, needed new upper and lower ball joints, the back hatch did not open, and the list goes on. I finally decided that I really needed a new car - a new to me car. I did the whole search the internet, read articles and get blown away by price thing.

What I discovered is that I wanted a Honda Element. They are better on gas then Bessie was, They have a ton of room inside, good accident rating, and the best part - after going to the nursery I can just sweep out the big clumps of dirt then take a hose and wash it out. Yes! the inside is a sealed vinyl that I can just hose it out! No more vacuuming for hours trying to get all the dirt and dog hair!

I have been lucky enough to find one! Right here in Boone. The long and short of the story is that I have some wonderful friends here who were looking to trade there 2004 Element in and I was lucky enough to get it! I am now the proud owner of an orange 2004 element.

I really need to name her...I have thought of punkin - to normal, OJ – unfortunately there is a person that carries that name that I just can't stand, Main squeeze - cute but to long, Matilda- Matty for short, hmm...Anyone have a suggestion?On another note.

On Sunday we had just a bit of wind up here...Gust up to 70MPH. I was lucky that no trees came down on my house - or the new element but the wind did tip over my composter. I have an older metal compost tumbler on a metal frame that was bunged with 3 bungees to 2 trees that the wind pushed sideways then tipped over. Luckily there was a large old grape vine that caught the tumbler before it went too far. I will have to wait till the weekend when I can get some friends over to help put the tumbler back up

1 comment:

Jan said...

You can hose out dog hair and dirt clods? No vacuuming?

I'm there.