October 18, 2007

is 5 dogs to many?

As many may know I have been puppy sitting so my house is quite full..5 dogs and 4 disgruntled cats. Ok, so maybe I have finally realized just how many animals I can handle at one time but that is a personal thing.

What I have come to realize is that if you are on the greenway or in your car - say at a drive thru- people can not seem to help themselves from making some sort of comment. "Wow, how many do you have in there?" " Are those all yours?" " Do you really have 5 in there?" You get the idea.

All of this has made me want to do one of two things. One- call all of my friend with small dogs, ask them to let me borrow their dog for a day, then drive around and go to the greenway (at say 5:45pm). Just to see how many stares and comments I can get. Two- Ask each one of the people who has made a comment if they would actually say to a mother with 5 human children in the car.

lovely sister #2 will be here in a few weeks with her movie camera, so I may just have to go with option one.

Maybe I should just look at them and say "Hey, this is nothing. I used to drive around with around 3 hundred pounds of dog -3 Rotties- in my Jeep. "

3 comments:

Jan said...

I know the feeling. I have four dogs and when I walk them people want to know if I'm a professional dog walker.

Some things I would do only for love--like walking four dogs.

Mary said...

I have one dog and he is a handful - an Alaskan Malamute. Right now he is what they call "blowing his coat." His winter coat is coming in and his entire summer coat falls out.

We walk Meeko about 6 times a day. Early morning, mid morning, noon, mid afternoon, just after dinner and again at 10pm. That's a lot of walking. LOL He's all I can handle but I love him dearly and wouldn't change a thing.

Enjoyed your post.
Mary

Nature Girl said...

It's hard to feel lonely with animals around. & Animals have feelings too !
Too bad people like that Vick jerk don't understand that !
Thanks, I enjoyed your blog.