October 9, 2007

Bird with a view

Well, It has been awhile since I have been here. Sometimes work just gets in the way of life. Moms has gone on vacation out west and left me with the whole show to run and a gaggle of pups to watch. Yes, I did say gaggle. When you have 5 dogs all under the age of 6 (three of them about 3 and 1 only a year old) and weighing from 5 lb to 16lb, I just can't consider them a pack. Well, my kitties may consider them a pack..a pack of mess! Smokey Joe got a good smack from Indy when he decided he was going to push Indy out of the food bowl he was eating from. Smokey has not tried that again, now he just sits there waiting for Indy to finish and helpfully cleans up any crumbs that are left. He has also learned that kitties do not like it when he walks up behind them and licks there bottoms.

I have confess that last night I did something I really never thought I would do...I forgot Lacey in the car.. Well, Lacey is moms new little shitzu/mix girl and she is a bit scared to get in and out of the car so I have to lift her. When we got home last night it was late and I was really looking forward to the focaccia that I had picked up earlier from Stick Boy, so when the other 4 jumped out of the car running to bark at a tree, I just grabbed the bag and walked into the house. About an hour later I was looking all over for Lacey, calling and calling. I felt like a worm terd when I looked over at the car and there she was sitting in the car seat just waiting for me to lift her out.

Fall has finally started to come on the mountains and hopefully we won't have that first hard frost until the trees have had a chance to put on their show. I was over in Trade, TN the other day and on the way back Snake Mtn. was just beautiful. Trees with their bright fall color at the top bleeding down into a deep green at the bottom. My fingers were just itching for my camera which I had left at home. uggg!

The photo above was taken on Junaluska Rd about a week ago. I tried for the photo of him/her landing but it is just a bit fuzzy. Makes me think of the song that goes..."I can see for miles and miles..."

No comments: