April 17, 2008

What you can get for free on ladies day

While many women may be used to getting a periodic manicure I am not one of them. In fact I have only had 3 in my lifetime. Yesterday I had my most recent and the best part of it was it was free. Yes free, not as in paid for by some one else but as in gratis- no charge.

The Toyota dealership in Hickory has this great marketing item. Ladies day on Wednesdays. All ladies that bring their car in for any kind of maintenance can have a free manicure. Need an oil change, have a manicure. I went with Moms in her prius and we both had manicures. The young lady doing the manicures was great and fast. She was also very busy. I have not seen that many women getting their cars worked on in one place in a long time, maybe ever. I think I will have to suggest this to my Honda dealership.

Now the hard part for me; keeping my nails looking good for over 2 days. As long as I don’t work in the yard, wash the dog or look at them too much they may last.

4 comments:

Jan said...

It's a great idea but it's the wrong season for me. I have gardening gloves but I don't feel like things grow right unless I touch the actual roots in the actual soil.

I read someplace that Martha Stewart used a hand double because she did so much gardening herself. I don't suppose that would work for us though. :-)

Gypsy said...

Jan,
Even when I wear gloves I end up with dirt under my nails. :)

Sarah said...

Man - lucky you! I want one too. ;o)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Toner, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://toner-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.