March 18, 2008

I want flowers!


Each morning I tell myself not to run outside to see if the daffodils have bloomed. I know it will be another couple of weeks. But I Want It Now! Patients – one quality that is needed by anyone with a garden. One I am lacking in at this time of year.

I did make some great little newspaper seed pots – that’s to Seeded – and started some gourds, pumpkins, Scotch bonnets, Thai peppers, basil (to go in pots on the porch) and snapdragons. Now I will need that quality I am lacking in- patients.

I went to a very good friends house last week and had a wonderful play date with them and there 3 little dogs. I also managed to came home with several tubs of a beautifully composted manure. As all 6 dogs were the same size it was wonderful - 4 of them are terriers. We sat by their pond watching a pair of mallards watch us and watching the dogs try to figure out just how they could get to the ducks without actually getting in the water. Smokey did manage to get mud up to his belly, which required human help washing off, Charlie thought the chickens were particularly fascinating ( I was waiting for him to get just a little to close to the rooster and maybe learn a lesson) and Monty, well, Monty smelled deer and was determined to find them. Charlie, Monty and Smokey slept like the dead on the way home.

Incase I have not mentioned it, I love my Honda Element. You can just fold the seats up out of the way, sweep out any dirt and worst case scenario give a quick wash – inside and out- with the hose.

2 comments:

Jan said...

What well behaved dogs. Misty the alpha Poodle would have been in the water swimming with the ducks in a matter of seconds.

Anonymous said...

that's a great start for spring!

Poulsbo florist