September 26, 2008

Feeling like fall

I took this photo on Monday but have just had the time to look at it. I love the way the mountain seems to float in a sea of mist. This is one of the best times to get good long valley shots up here. The humidity is usually down - today excluded- and most of the hayes is gone.


Mom and I went to Grandfather Mountain a couple weeks ago to a photo seminar and I had a chance to see some of my favorite animals - Otters! I am completely envious of the sleek way they move through the water, how they seem to always be entertaining each other - and any one who happens to be watching. Even in captivity they seem ...I want to say content but I am not sure that is the it.



1 comment:

Jan said...

I fell in love with otters when we lived by a river. I wish I could move the way they do.