June 26, 2008

Summer Sunshine

I’m afraid that I have been unfaithful, again, in updating this blog. Last weekend I went to a wonderful get together to celebrate solstice. We cooked hamburgers (no hormone, free range), Kielbasa (nothing good for you in them) and marinated veggies on the grill. There was potato salad, 3 bean salad, all kinds of other sides, and of course beer and wine.

The setting could not have been more perfect..a quiet pond, crackling fire, tree frogs and mad deer. – A little side note- when deer are getting ready to have their babies little dogs should not chase them, they chase (and stomp) back!-- It was a perfect night, we started our fire, found more wood to burn, laughed, drank and danced naked around the flames....just seeing if your paying attention.

If you look closely at the picture of the tomato flowers you can see our first little green nubs. These are our Cherokee purples. Yummy! I know I have said it before but I love my maters! Green fried, just picked, on a sammie...

Below it is one of our almost ripe rasberries. As good as they taste, the plants are a pain in the a**. The canes are trying to take over the garden. I have pulled them out of the potatoes, the horseraddish and the onions. This fall we are going to have to do a major overhaul of this area. Anyone that wants some just let me know.

3 comments:

Jan said...

Raspberries here are $2.50 a small carton (less than a cup), so I am considering adding them to my garden. Is this a mistake?

Peggy said...

I just go to my brothers and pick theirs. :) Then I don't have to worry about keeping them trimmed back, etc.

Joan said...

I'm jealous of your garden and living in my beloved mountains. Thanks for visiting my blog. I have a new more home oriented one as well:
http://allaboutmeinnc.blogspot.com/