September 10, 2007

Cat nip dealer

I felt a bit like a drug dealer over the weekend. It is time to harvest the cat nip (mint) in moms yard, which I did on Friday by literally pulling up the whole plant and depositing it dirt and all in the back of my car. I thought it made the car smell nice (kinda sweet and earthly). Sir did not agree with me - with no uncertainty she said it was icky. By the time I got home on Friday I was not in the mood to deal with it so I left it in the car..Saturday I went to the farmers market, then ran around in town for awhile with these large plants in the back. Each time I saw a cop I just had to smile.

When I did get home I pulled the plants out of the car and set them on the kitchen floor on newspaper ( in an attempt to contain the dirt). It took only about 7 min for Indy, Moragan and Fiona to settle in for a good munch. If you have ever seen cats high on cat nip you know that they like to munch out then run around like crazy - or in Indy's case, roll around on the tan carpet leaving bits of black fur- then they sleep. Hummm. This somehow vaguely reminds me of ... things best left in the past.

Wonder if they cats were seeing the world this way...Yes,I did take it and no, it is not photoshoped at all. I will admit that I'm not sure what I did -I pointed the camera at a wooded lot (yes it was facing into the sun) and this is what I ended up with. Very Psychedelic.


1 comment:

Nature Girl said...

Hi, how are you? I found your blog by entering "catnip dealer" into Google. I too am a catnip dealer & love watching the cats go nuts! So much fun. I was looking it up because I have an online store selling my "catnip dealer" design on t-shirts, tote bags & etc.
Anyway I thought you might enjoy this comment I saved from someone about a photo of cats and a certain plant! :
they are just kittehs gone wild on the catnip plant they ‘re rolling around in. I had a catnip plant in my backyard and built a cage around it so the kittehs would not eat it down to the ground. I never had to prune it because if a single leaf managed to grow out through the mesh it was immediatley snagged. When I wanted to give all the kitties a treat I would take the cage off and let them have at it, after about 20 minutes the yard would be littered with wasted cats. Mine and all the neighborhood rascals too. Lots of fun.
The dog was bewildered by all this activity and would go from one kit to the next checking them out to see if they were ok. Then he would go and pee on the plant.